Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

I'm back! {With a nail polish review}

Happy New Year to all! I'm finally ready to jump back into posting after a somewhat lengthy {and well deserved} holiday.  I've spent the past two weeks away from work to celebrate the holidays with family and friends and have tried to stay away from the computer as much as possible.  One thing I did over break was to have a spa day with my mom the day after Christmas.  I got a manicure and instead of regular polish the technician suggested I try a new Vinyl nail polish, because it lasts for 7 days without chipping.  Sold! The color I chose is Decadence, a deep red perfect for this time of year.  Basically you prep your nails however you normally would without a basecoat, then apply two thin layers of the polish color and then follow with one layer of the Vinylux topcoat and just let your nails air dry (no LED or UV lamps)!  
Decadence color
Top Coat


The proof is in the pudding, as they say...

 This is just after I got the manicure still at the spa.  Shiny red perfection!


And seven days later ...

Righty
Lefty
I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised with this nail polish.  It really did last 7 days with NO chipping, cracking, or brittleness.  You can apparently remove this polish with just regular nail polish remover, which I haven't tried yet.  I wonder how much longer this polish would last, but as it's growing out at the cuticles as seen in the photos I think I'll change it out soon.  Since the CND website doesn't sell this polish directly, I ordered another red color and the Vinylux topcoat from Amazon, each for less than $7.  I'm hoping my at home manicure with this stuff turns out just as great as the professional manicure.  

If you love to paint your nails, but hate having to change or remove it after only a couple days I would definitely recommend you check vinylux out.  I'm hooked! 


xoxo,
j.

P.S. I am not affiliated or associated with CND Cosmetics or the Vinylux product whatsoever.  I did not receive any compensation for this review and all thoughts and opinions of this product are my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read my blog and comment!
You can also reach me by email: redlipswontquit@gmail.com
-xx