Pages

Friday, June 6, 2014

{Recipe} Black-Eyed Pea Summer Salad

Just in time for what's shaping up to be a very nice weekend I thought I'd share a recipe that would go perfectly with any BBQ you guys might be headed to.  This is a black-eyed pea salad recipe that's super easy to make and very healthy!


::Recipe::
2 cans black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
1 jalapeno, finely chopped
1 tomato, finely chopped
1 bunch green onion, finely chopped
1/2 medium sweet onion, finely chopped
1-2 orange (or yellow) bell pepper, finely chopped
1/4 cup rice vinegar
S&P to taste

Garnish with your choice of fresh herb or my personal favorite (not really but I force myself to eat as much avocado as possible, but hey if it's your jam then load it up!) -- avocado!


 I usually pack a half cup of this salad with a 1/4 cup of cooked (and cooled) quinoa mixed together as my lunch for work. It definitely keeps me full until dinner time!


 Hope everyone enjoys their weekend! My plans include stuffing my face with veggie dogs from Louie's and seeing the new X-men movie.  What plans do you guys have? :)
post signature

FOLLOW ME

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read my blog and comment!
You can also reach me by email: redlipswontquit@gmail.com
-xx