Pages

Monday, June 30, 2014

Weekend Recap & June Shopping Breakdown

I cannot believe June is over already!  Summer is flying by much too fast-- there's still so much I want to do this summer!  One thing I did accomplish this weekend was running my first half marathon in over 7 years!!  It was a doozy and I by no means qualified for anything at my lightning speed of 11:45 a mile, but hey-- I finished it at least!  Due to a last minute medical snafu of my long time running buddy and half marathon tackler, I ended up having to run it all by myself (insert sad face), but in a way this may have been even better, because it gave me such confidence that I can accomplish something this huge all by myself {well, not entirely by myself-- she still came up to support me- such a good friend!!}  I can't wait to do it again next year!!

   

And it was pretty cool that I got to cross the finish line at the 50 yard line of the Buffalo Bills home stadium! Needless to say I laid pretty low for the rest of the weekend with my legs elevated, drinking gallons of water, and hiding out in the A/C... 

How was everybody else's weekend??  Did anyone tackle a major goal or accomplish something they've always wanted to do?  Would love to hear from you!


Now on to this month's shopping ...... 



One of the goals of writing this blog is to document my pursuit for a more tailored, professional, and versatile wardrobe and to stay away from the trendy or cheap pieces that filled my closet in my early 20's.  I've set a budget of $250 for clothes, shoes, and makeup every month, but not a limit to the number of pieces I can buy.  By sharing what I buy every month, I'm hoping I hold myself accountable to the pieces I buy and how much I spend ...

June 2014 Shopping Breakdown

Banana Republic Gemma wrap dress {$98, 40%- $59}
Joie Shoal sandals from BlueFly {$135, on major sale- $60.75}
J.Crew chino navy shorts {$39.50, 30% off- $27.65}
J.Crew Malta gold sandals {$78, 30% off- $54.60}
Zero UV pink heart sunglasses {$9.99}
Old Navy black maxi dress {$37, on sale- $30}

Total Spent: $241.99
Total Saved: $155.80


Bam! Just under budget and I got a few things I've been eyeing for a while on major sale, like my two new pairs of sandals that I absolutely love and pretty much rotate between every other day.  I would highly recommend these J.Crew chino shorts for anyone looking for staple shorts for their closet- they come in a array of colors and longer inseams too.  I especially like the thickness of the fabric, which makes them look more expensive than they really are and these shorts are tailored enough to dress up or down and they don't ride up {ladies you know what I'm talking about}.  And lastly I loooove this wrap dress from Banana Republic- and would definitely buy the other colors in berry or aqua {if it ever goes on sale again}.

post signature


FOLLOW ME

3 comments:

Thank you for taking time to read my blog and comment!
You can also reach me by email: redlipswontquit@gmail.com
-xx