Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

My {Top 20} Makeup Essentials


//From Left to Right//

1// Chanel Pressed Powder // I use a powder everyday and currently love this one!  If you prefer a loose powder try this one by Laura Mercier-- another one of my favorites.  But I like the convenience of a compact that you can carry with you in your bag, and it's always nice to powder your nose with Chanel-- so chic. ;)

2// I always have a package of disposable powder puffs in my makeup drawer and change out the one in my compact at least once a month!

3// NARS Laguna Bronzer // Dust a little of this around your temples, on your cheek bones, down the bridge of your nose and a little on your décolletage for a sun kissed look.  Less is more in this case though so be very light handed with this stuff!  This bronzer is not completely matte, but also doesn't have chunky sparkles like a lot of other bronzers so you won't sparkle unnaturally like a Twilight vampire. Yay!

4// MAC 217 Brush // Yes it's worth the hype-- I use this brush every time I put on powder (and sometimes cream) eyeshadow. 

5// I've tried a lot of cream, gel, and liquid black eyeliners because a cat eye is my go to eye makeup for a night out.  This Urban Decay liquid liner is the best I've tried.  Small brush for precision and a great formula that will NOT smudge.  Downside- it is waterproof so it's a bitch to get off. C'est la vie.   

6// My favorite eyeliners are the MUFE Aqua Eyes-- they come in a ton of colors, are creamy, and waterproof.  (Runner up:: Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in Bourbon).

7// Anastasia Brow Wiz Pencil // I used to think I didn't need to fill in my brows, but after using this I realize I most certainly do.  Love it and use it everyday.  Hint-- go one shade lighter than your brow color for a natural look for day and one shade darker for a bold look for night!

8 and 9// MUFE Foundations in HD Invisible Cover and Mat Velvet + are always in rotation in my makeup drawer.  The HD foundation goes on silky smooth and is a medium coverage --I like to use a little bit of this one mixed with my BB cream (#13) for everyday.  The Mat Velvet is definitely a full coverage, mattifying foundation, which is great if you have oily skin-- I use this one more in the summer time and also when I know I'm going for a night out.  Great range of colors, oil-free, and don't make my skin break out!

10// GlamGlow Super-Mud Clearing Treatment Mask// While this isn't makeup, I thought I'd throw one of my favorite skin care products in the mix.  My best friend gave me a GlamGlow gift set last Christmas and I fell in love with it and have had to buy another one already!  It's a mud mask so if that creeps you out, then this is not for you.  But seriously this is the best-- I usually do a mask once a week on the weekends and can definitely tell a difference in my skin for the next couple days.  It's a nice treat for yourself or one of your girlfriends!

11// No. 7 cream eyeshadow in bronze // This is my favorite cream eyeshadow formula because it doesn't dry out like the pots do and you can just use your finger to dab it on your eyelid, which is perfect for when I'm feeling lazy in the morning.  The bronze color is my absolute favorite-- worn alone it's great for day and when paired with an eyeliner on the top and bottom it's great for night!  This is probably my third tube of this stuff and unfortunately when I was a Target the other day to pick up a new tube I couldn't find it- apparently they don't make it anymore!  BUT I'm assuming this product is pretty much the same, just different packaging!

12// NARS Illuminator in Orgasm // I only wear this liquid highlighter for special occasions, which is why this little free sample has lasted me almost 6 months! If you dab just a little on the tops of your cheekbones it gives your skin a healthy glow.  Once this sample runs out I really want to try the shade Copacobana, which is a pearly white.

13// Smashbox BB Cream SPF 35 //  This is my second tube of this stuff and of all my makeup products this was my absolute favorite find of 2013.  It's a tinted moisturizer, primer, and SPF all in one.  It gives a very light coverage all by itself so sometimes I just wear this and no foundation, but if I feel like I need more coverage then I mix a pump of this with a pump of foundation.

14// Urban Decay Primer Potion // If you have oily eyelids like me (TMI?) and your eyeshadow creases then you NEED this stuff.  I can't even count how many tubes of this stuff I've bought, but a little goes a long way and a tube can last a long time.  Love it!

15// Stila Convertible Color // Another product that was originally a gift from my best friend :) I liked it so much I've since tried a couple different colors (Petunia is peachy and Sweet Pea is a bright pink).  I use this as my cheek color and find it's staying power is way better than powder blush.  It's suppose to be a lip product too, but I find it's really drying/cakey on your lips.

16// Laura Mercier Lip Plumper Gloss in Peach Glow // Perfect natural looking lip gloss that's not too shiny or sticky.  It's also suppose to be a lip plumper and while I do feel a little tingling when I put it on I don't notice a difference in lip plumpness.  Nonetheless I love this stuff and you can usually find it in my purse for touchups.  

17// Contact Lens Case // Umm, no I do not wear contacts, but I do always have a few empty contact lens cases hanging around.  These things make great travel containers for your foundations and creams!! That way you save room in your suitcase and if you're only bringing a carry-on then you don't have to worry about how many fluid ounces your makeup is! Try it!

18// MAC Russian Red // As you can probably tell from the blog name I'm strictly a red lipstick gal.  This is my all time favorite red lipstick.  It's a true red with blue undertones, which makes it look bright and fresh on your lips! 

19// NARS Scarlet Empress Lipstick // If I'm in the mood for something darker and more intense then I go with this lipstick, which is a semi-matte dark blue-red.  I usually opt for this in the winter months.

20// Bite High Pigment Pencil // Bite Beauty is a recent discovery I decided to try because I heard such good things about their lip pencils being so pigmented.  I have the colors Pomegranate- bright red and Tannin- deep poppy red (pictured above).  They're matte but go on creamy and don't dry out your lips and boy are they pigmented!  




You may notice I didn't include my favorite concealer-- that's because I don't have one!  It seems like it's my life long pursuit to find my perfect under-eye concealer and it just hasn't happened yet.  I've tried several products and would not recommend or re-buy any of them (Diorskin nude- meh, YSL touche eclat- not enough coverage, Clinique airbrush- too bright if that's possible, Benefit Boi-ing- waaay too cakey, and MAC moisturecover- best one I've tried to date, but give it another go).  If anyone has any suggestions for what I should try next-- I'm all ears!!

I am in no way an expert in makeup and sometimes I feel like I know nothing at all, but I hope you found this interesting and maybe a little helpful!



Happy shopping!

xoxo,
j.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read my blog and comment!
You can also reach me by email: redlipswontquit@gmail.com
-xx