Pages

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Wardrobe Essentials {No. 1. White Button Down}

The best way to wear a white button down ... a la Audrey Hepburn ;)

 Now that I'm officially done with grad school and have entered the professional world for realsies (and will hopefully soon embark on a teaching career)- I figure it's time to quit the habit of shopping at Target and Forever21. Their clothes just don't stand up to the test of time.  Instead, my ideal wardrobe is now one filled with quality staples and classics, things to invest in and ones that I can mix and match to create endless outfits.  The pieces in my closet need to be versatile {i.e. appropriate for work or the weekend depending on how I style them}, they need to last a long while {think many seasons instead of just one}, and they can't break the bank {I mean, come on, I just graduated from grad school, I'm living off of boxed Mac and Cheese!}.  

For the first installment of Wardrobe Essentials we're talking about the classic white button down

Why it's an absolute Wardrobe Essential ...
* It's versatile enough to work from 9-5 to a night out to casual weekends!
* It transitions from winter to summer effortlessly
* It's a blank slate to build any outfit from
*White will never go out of style


 Follow along with me on my quest to build my perfect wardrobe-- one staple at a time!


The possibilities are endless ...


Silk Options {High to Low}:
Everlane Silk Blouse- no collar {$80}
Everlane Silk Blouse- round collar {$80}

Cotton Options {High to Low}:


What do you guys think-- have a favorite white shirt of your own? How do you wear yours?? 
  


FOLLOW ME
post signature

4 comments:

  1. Love all of the great inspiration - makes me want to run out and buy a white button-down!
    xx Lexi @ Glitter, Inc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl, I'm all about the button down! I have like 5 white button downs, all different styles and by different brands/designers. Can't get enough!

    The Style Scribe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just cant get enough of this post, the looks are amazing.
    http://sophialastyles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. you just fully inspired me to get a new white shirt stat! I never really do button downs but everyone needs a classic white, right? awesome, awesome post.

    alyson
    www.theaveragegirlsguide.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read my blog and comment!
You can also reach me by email: redlipswontquit@gmail.com
-xx